2017-2018 STUDENT DRESS EXPECTATIONS
The main objective of a standard of dress for students is to create an appropriate educational environment while allowing students to dress comfortably. Students will maintain an appearance that is not distracting to the educational process of the school or jeopardizes student safety.
- All clothing must be in a clean, serviceable condition.
- No costumes, pajamas, or headwear, unless it is a school designated spirit day.
- No chains of any kind.
- They must be the proper length. If in question, determination of “proper” will be at the discretion of school administration.
- No holes or frays above mid-thigh.
- Undergarments cannot show at any time.
- No saggy/baggy shorts or pants.
- Tops must overlap bottoms at all times; midriff cannot show.
- Undergarments cannot show.
- No low or revealing necklines or cleavage.
- No promotions of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and/or sex.
- Nothing degrading or offensive.
- No tank tops or spaghetti straps. Use the width of your complete hand as minimum width of straps.
- Shoes must wrap securely around the foot and ankle so there is no chance of them falling off in an emergency. No flip-flops, shower slides, Heelys, slippers or high platforms.
Pierced jewelry and/or unnaturally colored and/or styled hair may not be disruptive to the educational environment