- Acceptance as a Tuition Student
Kindergarten Registration - Updated 2/19/18
Registration is open for the 18-19 school year for grades K-12 through our NEW Online Registration procedures. There will be three ways that parents/guardians will be able to access these forms. They include the following:
- EXISTING FAMIILIES – https://kyede4.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/ft_thomas.jsp
Parent Portal will be used for all EXISTING families who have other students currently enrolled in Fort Thomas Schools. A new link will be included in the portal for access beginning February 19. If you do not have access to the portal or your forgot your user name /password, please call 781-3333 or email Diana McGhee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NEW FAMILIES – https://kyede4.infinitecampus.org/campus/OLRLogin/ft_thomas
- This link that can be completed at home prior to visiting the school on Thursday, February 22 as you complete the first step of the process.
- Another option will be to access these forms through a kiosk option at each school. This will be live at each elementary on Thursday, February 22, for our kindergarten registration. There will be support staff available onsite to work with parents as they complete the online registration process.
If you have intentions of enrolling a student for next year, we still are requiring you to visit the school office on Thursday, February 22, to confirm the process is complete and provide payment if necessary (full day options only). If you are considering a full day kindergarten arrangement you MUST sign a full day contract on this day and submit a $150 deposit. There will be no options to request full day past February 22.
Other Required Documents -
- 2 Proofs of Residency (examples include lease, mortgage, utility bills)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Kentucky Immunization Form
- Physical Examination Form
- Dental Form
- Vision Form
- Court documentation for shared parenting situations
**Those listed above in bold are required to be submitted before any placement can be considered. Other documents may be submitted at a later date prior to the first day of school.**
We will continue to have three enrollment options for students – morning (8:15-11:20), afternoon (11:55-3:00), or full day (8:15-3:00). Requests can be made for any option. However, we cannot guarantee that the request will be granted.
Online registration links will be available beginning February 19, 2018.
Change in Birthday Cutoff Date for Kindergarten
In 2012, the Kentucky Legislature changed the birthday eligibility cutoff date for kindergarteners effective for the 2017-2018 school year. Children entering kindergarten must now turn 5 on or before August 1.
Early Kindergarten Entry
Parents of a child who turns 5 between August 2 and September 30 and exhibits high levels of cognitive, academic, and social/emotional aptitude may petition the school district for early enrollment in kindergarten. The process begins with the application which must be completed and returned to the district office by January 31. Once the application is received, parents will be notified of the next steps for admission.