This message was sent to all faculty and staff on February 23, 2018.
More information about the divestiture….Some of these items are VERY important. Please read and make sure your “neighbor” reads, too!
When will we convert? (repeat information)
March 1, is our migration day. Therefore, we will have no access to email on Friday, March 2.
- New information - You will need to log out of email on ALL DEVICES before 4:30pm on March 1. If your email account is open on any device during migration, you may lose items or migrating your mailbox may take longer than it should.
What other access will we lose beginning at 4:30pm on March 1 through late on March 2 or possibly March 3? (repeat information)
- This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
- Because our Schoology accounts are integrated with our email accounts, we (meaning faculty, staff and students) will have no access to Schoology as long as email is not accessible.
- Parents will still have access because they do not use school-provided email accounts to log in.
- Because our G Suite accounts are integrated with our email accounts, we (meaning anyone who logs in to Google products using an FTIS email account) will have no access to G Suite products as long as email is not accessible.
- Personal Google accounts will still work.
What other information do I need to know? (new information)
- Mailbox sharing permissions will not migrate (e.g. if a secretary has access to a principal’s calendar, that access will have to be reestablished after migration)
- During migration, since we will not have email access, we will use a webpage to update everyone on the status and to include directions on various steps to reconnect to email. The web address is forthcoming.
- Post migration, everyone will need to clear cache on Internet browsers, close and restart the browser in order to use WebMail. Directions on how to do this are forthcoming.
Please don’t miss these three items!
- You should not lose any information or files during this migration.
- The “old” email accounts will remain active for a couple of months so if something does not migrate, we will be able to access the old accounts to manually pull information to the new accounts.
- The content will migrate slowly.
- One of the technology directors in a pilot district said her contacts took 72 hours to migrate.
- Translation….be ready to practice patience and don’t “freak out” if something doesn’t migrate right away. Remember…nothing will be lost as long as you log out of email on all devices prior to 4:30pm on March 1.
- An email will be sent through Infinite Campus on Monday letting parents know that our email will be unavailable from 4:30pm on March 1, until 8am on March 5.
More info to come the closer we arrive to March 1. Questions? Please ask!