Today is the day!
March 1, is our migration day. Therefore, we will have no access to email tomorrow, March 2.
- Don’t forget - You will need to log out of email on ALL DEVICES before 4:30pm on March 1. If your email account is open on any device during migration, you may lose items or migrating your mailbox may take longer than it should.
- Remember to check this website for updates, including instructions on how to log out on various devices: http://www.fortthomas.kyschools.us/content/emailmigration2018
What other information do I need to know? (new information)
- One folder that will not migrate is the Deleted Items folder.
- If you have any items in your Deleted folder that you want to keep, please know that you will have to manually pull those items over after migration.
- Instructions will be posted on the webpage for how to access the “old” mailbox after migration.
- Other items that will need to be reestablished after migration because these items will not migrate are
- Mailbox rules
- Color-coding for categories
- Pictures that have been added within Business cards under Contacts
Please don’t miss these three items! (repeat information)
- You should not lose any information or files during this migration.
- The “old” email accounts will remain active for a couple of months so if something does not migrate, we will be able to access the old accounts to manually pull information to the new accounts.
- Content will migrate slowly.
- One of the technology directors in a pilot district said her contacts took 72 hours to migrate.
- Translation….be ready to practice patience and don’t “freak out” if something doesn’t migrate right away. Remember…nothing will be lost as long as you log out of email on all devices prior to 4:30pm on March 1.
- An email was sent through Infinite Campus on Monday letting parents know that our email will be unavailable from 4:30pm on March 1, until 8am on March 5, and a reminder email was sent today to parents.
Questions? Please ask….before we lose email at 4:30pm J