Mrs. Snider's Schoolhouse
View Events/Assignments for
- Weekly Update
- Be sure to help your child study math facts each night for at least 5 minutes. We will be using a free website called "Xtra Math". Your child has this available on their I-pad. We do it 5 minutes each day in class. Please also practice at home for 5-10 minutes each night. You may use flashcards or any of the websites listed on my webpage. Each Thursday, students will be given a pretest on a new set of facts. They may miss two of the 25 problems in 1 minute to pass. He/she may retest any time within that grading period when you feel they are ready. I will record the highest grade. Each test is worth 30% of a test grade. Thank you for your support at home on this. Mastering math facts in 3rd grade is essential!
- We are finishing our Social Studies unit on Geography regarding oceans, continents, countries, etc. We will have our unit test on the 19th. A study guide will go home next week.
- We will begin our Science Unit on Interdependencenext week. We will culminate this unit with our field trip to AJ Jolly Environmental Center on October 6th where we can experience various ecosystems first hand.
- We are finishing Unit 1 and will have our test next Tuesday. The Study Guide will be their homework this week. When there is not Study Guide, students will complete a "Math Homelink" Monday-Thursday as a short review of that day's lesson. It is due the following day.
- In writing, we are working on paragraphs. We practice this all through the year!
- We will continue Unit 1 in our "Wonders" Lanugage Arts; weekly story concepts, spelling, writing, and language the week.
- Be sure they are reading, reading, reading!!
- In 3rd grade we encourage student responsibility. Your child should be asking you to sign their homework planner. Please be sure your child packs his/her backpack in the evening and double checks what they need to return to school!
- Daily Specials
Monday: Music and Tech Lab
Tuesday: Spanish and P.E.
Friday: PE and Spanish
- Field Trips 2017-18
October 6: Campbell County Environmental Education Center (Wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather, as this is primarily an outdoor trip. Bring a lunch and drink labeled with your name and in a disposable bag.)
October 24: Peter Pan, Jr at the Taft Theater (We will return in time for lunch.)
TBD: Walking field trip to the Ft. Thomas City Building to learn about local government (Wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. We will return in time for lunch.)
February 15: Madascar, Jr at the Taft Theatre. (We will return in time for lunch.)
April 12: Mary Poppins, Jr. at the Taft Theater (We will return in time for lunch.)