“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically…
Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” -MLK, Jr
Jason Gay is the Library Media Specialist at Highlands High School in Fort Thomas, Kentucky. Currently, he serves on the District Digital Conversion Team, Digital Literacy Leader, Leadership Team, School Technology Coordinator, and Department Chair. Jason has worked 11 years in K12 education as a Technology/Media Specialist and Social Studies Teacher. In 2017 he was a featured speaker at the National Future of Education Technology Conference on Greenscreening. In 2016, his state and regional presentations included: Transforming High School Library Spaces for Digital Learners, Creating Collaborative Spaces in Your Learning Commons, and Green Screens (It’s Not Easy Being Green). Jason has worked for over 17 years with graphic design, web technologies and design applications including multi-media and social-media outlets. Prior to working in education, he designed marketing programs for television, radio, newspaper and entertainment clients. He holds a Rank One in Library Science Technology/Media Specialist, MAT (Social Studies) and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Russian and Eastern European Studies.
- I am from Glendale, Ohio
- 1994 - Princeton High School in Cincinnati, OH
- 1998 - Bachelor of Arts from University of Kentucky in Russian and Eastern European Studies
- 2007 – Master of Arts in Teaching - Social Studies from Northern Kentucky University
- 2014 – Rank One in Library Science from Eastern Kentucky University
- I am completing my 12th year as an educator.
Why I love being a Librarian/Media Specialist?
- Students need rich literature experiences.
- Storytelling is essential to the human experience and provides connections to our lives.
- It’s not just about books but learning how to be skilled with many areas of learning.
- I love to motivate students to think deeper and grow intellectually.
- Libraries encourage creativity and foster innovation for our students.
- The combination of technology and life long learning makes my job great every day!