Rich in tradition and focused on the future, the Fort Thomas Independent School District provides engaging and challenging learning experiences which foster creativity, curiosity and innovation, while inspiring all students to pursue lifelong learning and become productive members of the global community.
Adopted 2012-2013 School Year
Board of Education meetings are held monthly on the second Monday of each month. Meetings begin at 6:30pm and are usually held at 20 N Grand Ave in the Launch Convening Space. You may watch the board meeting live each month on the Highlands Broadcasting YouTube Channel.
Community members may participate in the Board of Education meetings through one of two methods: 1) informal community forum, or 2) formal Board agenda. If you wish to informally address Board members, please register at the reception area. If you wish to formally present information at a School Board meeting through the meeting agenda, please do the following:
- Complete a request form at least 10 days prior to the meeting and submit it to the Superintendent’s office or call 859.815.2021.
- When your turn to speak arises, identify yourself and state your reason for addressing the Board.
- Address the Board as a whole through the chairperson instead of through individual Board members.
- Matters involving pending disputes, disciplinary action involving a student or employee and/or personnel issues are not appropriate to discuss in this forum.
- Please limit remarks to five minutes.
Contact the Board of Education firstname.lastname@example.org