FTIS Kindergarten Registration will take place VIRTUALLY from January 18th at 8am until January 20th at 3pm.
Please follow these steps:
- Parents will use Infinite Campus to register their child for the 22-23 school year via Online Registration.
- If you are a parent that has other students already attending one of our schools, take the following steps:
- Parent Portal (Link: https://kyede4.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/parents/ft_thomas.jsp ) to register a new student.
- Once in, you will select on "MORE" in the left column.
- Then proceed to "ONLINE REGISTRATION."
- Select "START" to the right of 2022-2023 NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION.
- If you are a NEW family to our district and do not have any students already registered in FTIS, please use the following link: https://kyede4.infinitecampus.org/campus/OLRLogin/ft_thomas Parents are to complete and submit the application for the 22-23 school year. Make sure you have not selected the 21-22 School Year.
- Required documents listed below may be uploaded inside IC in the appropriate locations OR they can be mailed to the appropriate schools. If you would like to scan and email the forms for submission, they can be emailed to email@example.com. Please do not drop off the forms in person to the schools due to COVID restrictions.
Fort Thomas Schools will only be offering a full day program pending the approval of funding for full day Kindergarten during the upcoming legislative session (Legislative session runs from 1/4/22 to 4/14/22). There will not be an option to register for a half day program at any elementary. When registering in January, no deposit or contract will be needed to complete the process. This registration is for in district residents only. If out of district, the tuition application process should be followed.
If it is determined that the state will not fund the full day Kindergarten program for 22-23, we will revert back to the processes we had previously and prioritize the full day program for those that have registered within the window of 1/18-1/20. If full day requests exceed capacity, we will move to a lottery drawing for those who have registered outside of the window for full vs. half day. We will offer contracts and collect deposits at that time. Again, this is only if state funding is NOT approved.
Parents needing help with registration may contact Janine Sharp, FTIS Student Services, at 859.815.2010 for additional support.
Change in Birthday Cutoff Date for Kindergarten
In 2012, the Kentucky Legislature changed the birthday eligibility cutoff date for kindergarteners effective for the 2017-2018 school year. Children entering kindergarten must now turn 5 on or before August 1.
Early Kindergarten Entry
Parents of a child who turns 5 between August 2 and September 30 and exhibits high levels of cognitive, academic, and social/emotional aptitude may petition the school district for early enrollment in kindergarten. The process begins with the application which must be completed and returned to the district office by January 31. Once the application is received, parents will be notified of the next steps for admission.
Required Documents -
- 2 Proofs of Residency (examples include lease, mortgage, utility bills)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (required for state-funded student scholarship program called KEES)
- Kentucky Immunization Form
- Physical Examination Form*
- Dental Form*
- Vision Form*
- Court documentation for shared parenting situations
For Explanation of Medical Requirements click here
*For Physical, Dental, Vision Forms click here
**Those listed above in bold are required to be submitted before any placement can be considered. Other documents may be submitted at a later date prior to the first day of school.**
Link to District boundaries map: http://www.fortthomas.kyschools.us/Content/districtboundaries