This message was sent to all faculty and staff on February 15, 2018
You may remember a few email messages from me saying….”New Email System is Coming”. This email message is the first of several to come in the next few weeks. Please, please read this email and others forthcoming as this topic is very important!
When will we convert?
March 1, has been designated as our migration day. Beginning at 4:30pm that day, our email will be changing to the new system. Please mark this date in your calendar and know that you will not have access to email from 4:30pm on March 1, until the start of school on March 2.
What does this mean for me?
- Your email address is not changing.
- Access to Microsoft products will not change with the exception of
- WebMail (we will have a new link for this)
- OneDrive (content will be gone if you are not an active OneDrive user; if you are an active user, your content will move to the new system)
- Microsoft will be migrating email, contacts and calendar items for us.
- If you use the Outlook client (the program installed on your computer, not the link to Webmail), you will still be able to use it, but the user profile will need to change. We will have tech helpers for this task.
- The Global Address List (GAL) will no longer exist as it does today. In the new system, we will only see email accounts for people from our district and select other people in the state.
- You will need to remove school email from your phone or other mobile device and add it back again. You should not add the app back until after the email project has concluded.
More info to come the closer we arrive to March 1. Questions? Please ask!