1. Launch OneDrive
2. Type your @dayton.kyschools.us email address
3. (if prompted) Work or School
4. enter your email password
5. Click Choose OneDrive Folder Location
6. Select your previous OneDrive location (may already show up)
7. Click Choose this Location
8. Click Next
9. Select Use This Location - This will ensure that your old files automatically get uploaded to the new OneDrive for Business account
Following the migration, you may experience issues signing in to OneDrive for Business. To resolve this issue, you can right-click on the OneDrive for Business icon in the taskbar (bottom-right corner of your screen) and click on Settings.
In the Settings screen, click on “Unlink this pc”.
On the next screen, click on “Unlink Account”. This will ensure that you are completely signed out of OneDrive for Business. However, please note that doing this will NOT delete any of your files stored in OneDrive for Business.
You will now be prompted to login using your email address.
Once you enter your email address and click on “Sign In”, you will see the signing in message as shown below.
You will now be prompted with a screen that shows your new OneDrive folder on your computer. You can now click on “Next”.
The OneDrive client will now notify you that your files from the Old OneDrive account still exist in this folder.
You will now click on “Use this location”. This will ensure that your old files automatically get uploaded to the new OneDrive for Business account.
You can now click on “Next”.
You will now be greeted by the OneDrive welcome screen, implying that the OneDrive client has now been setup with your new account.