FTIS Kindergarten Registration will take place VIRTUALLY from January 17th at 8am until January 19th at 3pm.
Please follow these two steps:
- Parents will use Infinite Campus to register their child for the 23-24 school year via Online Registration.
- If you are a parent that has other students already attending one of our schools, take the following steps:
- Parent Portal (Link: https://kyede4.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/parents/ft_thomas.jsp ) to register a new student.
- Once in, you will select "MORE" in the left column.
- Then proceed to "ONLINE REGISTRATION."
- Select "START" to the right of 2023-2024 NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION.
- If you are a NEW family to our district and do not have any students already registered in FTIS, please use the following link: https://kyede4.infinitecampus.org/campus/OLRLogin/ft_thomas Parents are to complete and submit the application for the 23-24 school year. Make sure you have NOT selected the 22-23 School Year.
- Required documents listed below may be uploaded inside IC in the appropriate locations OR they can be mailed to the appropriate schools. (Once you have submitted your online application, you will not be able to continue to add documents in Infinite Campus. Therefore, you will need to submit to the appropriate school.) If you would like to scan and email the forms for submission, they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents needing help with registration may contact Janine Sharp, FTIS Student Services, at 859.815.2010 for additional support.
Change in Birthday Cutoff Date for Kindergarten
In 2012, the Kentucky Legislature changed the birthday eligibility cutoff date for kindergarteners effective for the 2017-2018 school year. Children entering kindergarten must now turn 5 on or before August 1.
Early Kindergarten Entry
Parents of a child who turns 5 between August 2 and September 30 and exhibits high levels of cognitive, academic, and social/emotional aptitude may petition the school district for early enrollment in kindergarten. The process begins with the application which must be completed and returned to the district office by January 31. Once the application is received, parents will be notified of the next steps for admission.
Required Documents -
- 2 Proofs of Residency (examples include lease, mortgage, utility bills)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (required for state-funded student scholarship program called KEES)
- Kentucky Immunization Form
- Physical Examination Form*
- Dental Form*
- Vision Form*
- Court documentation for shared parenting situations
For Explanation of Medical Requirements click here
*For Physical, Dental, Vision Forms click here
**Those listed above in bold are required to be submitted before any placement can be considered. Other documents may be submitted at a later date prior to the first day of school.**
Link to District boundaries map: http://www.fortthomas.kyschools.us/Content/districtboundaries