Director of Operations
For questions regarding facilities management or rental, please contact Jerry Wissman, Director of Operations.
The following information is to provide an overview of construction/renovation work being conducted at the Tower Park Athletic Complex. Please note that all of the information is an estimate and dates, closures and scope of work may be impacted by a variety of factors.
Tower Park Athletic Complex is being planned for completion in two phases. Fort Thomas Independent Schools have approved a project, through collaboration with the City of Fort Thomas, to make changes that will significantly improve the student and community experience. At the conclusion of the project, enhancements will include: increased parking, improved traffic flow and entrances, safe drop off of students and athletes, sidewalk connection to Tower Park, accessible seating, improved handicap access to the venue, community access to restroom facilities, expanded track and soccer opportunities, emergency shelter, opportunities for student broadcast, community access to technology, improved sound, energy-efficient lighting and practice facilities for a number of student groups/teams, among other enhancements and design elements consistent with Tower Park architecture and community aesthetics.
- Phase I (infrastructure necessary in advance of Phase II) Relocation of utilities and road entrance to Sergeant Avenue
- Addition of sidewalks and guardrails along Sergeant Avenue and Army Reserve Road
- New entrance to the athletic facility adjacent to the Veteran’s Hospital
- Paved parking lot connected to South Park Field
- Removal of trees and shrubs mid December 2023-January 2024
- Staging/excavation January/February 2024
- Access to Army Reserve Road from River Road closed February-April 2024 (access Sergeant through Carmel Manor Road entrance)
- New access to Sergeant Avenue from Army Reserve Road opens April 2024
- Access to Army Reserve Road from Carmel Manor Road closes April 2024 and remains closed through the duration of the project (access to Sergeant through River Road entrance)