As winter weather season approaches, the Fort Thomas Independent Schools wants to remind students, parents, staff and community of the many ways you can stay informed about decisions that are made regarding school closings or delays. Please use any or all of the following methods to stay informed.
- District Calling System: In the event that schools are delayed or cancelled, the superintendent will send a recorded telephone message through the district's calling system. This message will be sent to the primary or "household" phone number listed in each family's data in Infinite Campus, the district student information system. If you're not sure that the correct phone number is listed as the "household" number in Infinite Campus, please check with your school's front office. If you have an Infinite Campus parent or student account, you can see your current information and (if you're a parent) request a change yourself by clicking on the "Household Information" tab.
- Twitter: When schools are cancelled or delayed, the district tweets a notice through Twitter. Parents, students or staff members who sign up for a Twitter account and who choose to follow us @FTSchools can arrange to have a text message sent to cell phones whenever the district Twitter page is updated.
- Facebook: The district also posts a notice on Facebook in the event that school is delayed or cancelled. If you have a Facebook account, please "like" the Fort Thomas Independent Schools Facebook page.
- Watch the TV news or listen to the radio: If all else fails, you can always watch the list of school closings on TV or listen on the radio. Please remember that Fort Thomas Independent Schools is an independent school district and not part of the Campbell County school system.
- Check the local news' websites: As an alternative to watching on TV, most of the local stations include an online version of their school closing crawlers. Here are a few: